Hello folks and fellow travel enthusiasts!
Anytime during the year (except maybe heavy snow, heavy rain, bad storms, below zero weather) is a great time to take a short or long road trip!
I love road trips and exploring the country by car. From the comfort and convenience of your car, you can see and experience so many things. I’ve compiled a list of what I consider road trip essentials!
- Camera (and an extra battery pack)–I love taking snapshots of the landscape and keeping memories for a lifetime.
- Water–Staying hydrated is important to keep healthy and keeps your energy up.
- Pillow–Pack just in case of a car nap and to keep comfortable.
- Snacks–Ever get hungry (or bored)? I like finger food that’s tasty and not too crumbly: chips, nuts, pretzels, etc.
- Candy–In the case of nausea, I like bringing chocolate, and some fruity flavored candy
- Book(s)–I like to bring a good piece of fiction, preferably historical fiction, fantasy, or adventure.
- Audio Book/Drama/Podcasts–Another way to keep entertained during a long drive. Listening allows you to look outside as well. I like bringing Adventures in Odyssey. My family recently brought Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer along on our last road trip. We all loved it!
- Blanket/Jacket–Keep comfortable in case of intolerable AC and mimics a good environment for sleeping and relaxing.
- Eye Mask–Another way to relax and shut the light out
- Dressing comfortably–shorts, leggings, sweatpants… Dressing in layers is 👍.
- If you are taking a long drive to a hike, I suggest packing sandals or flip flops!
What are your road trip essentials?