Since we have a few new friends here and in honor of quaint & darling’s third birthday, I thought I would introduce myself again.
Hi! I’m Gaby. I’m a student and a creative. *waves*
A creative. noun. a person who creates
Yes, I identify as a creative. I think that it best describes my philosophy and approach to life, as well as my entrepreneurial spirit. I love to work with my hands, preferring to DIY a solution or a tool for a situation rather than to buy it. (This also applies to making my own versions of current trends in fashion and jewelry xD).
I love literature and writing. Words can carry such a unique rhythm and story in the hands of different writers, and it’s wonderful to join them with my own words. (Check out my most recent poetry post here!) I adore historical fiction (specifically set in the American Revolution), fantasy, adventure, and reading nonfiction memoirs and books that help me address parts of my life or the future.
My fellow book dragons can agree that there’s nothing quite like getting lost within the pages of a gripping read. My favorite worlds to get lost in are those of Madeline L’Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth, and Louisa May Alcott’s Civil War Massachusetts.
Now, for a quick round of
the most random facts about me!
- I’ve been sketching and drawing since age 2.
- I wanted to be a fashion designer when I was younger (thus, the numerous sketches of fantabulous dresses that fill my notebooks).
- Film scores inspire me when I write. I highly suggest watching the documentary “Score.” I loved hearing the stories behind creating soundtracks for some of the biggest films in history, especially from composers like Hans Zimmer and John Williams.
- My favorite saying is ad astra per aspera, meaning, “to the stars through difficulty.” I think it represents my personal journey through school and it helps push me through hard times!
- I used to imagine that a headless woman and a slithering dragon would chase me up the stairs at night when all the lights were off, similar to Anne Shirley’s experience in the woods.
- I once hiked to the most northwestern point of the US, Cape Flattery in Washington. It’s simply gorgeous and was so necessary after a long, winding drive.
- I start almost every single day with a pot of freshly brewed tea. It’s almost a ritual.
- I really really dislike hot pink. It’s too gaudy in my opinion.
- Pearls are my favorite gems (are they even gems?). They’re simply beautiful and classy. It’s ironic that pearls begin as dirt stuck in a mussel and come out as a gemstone.
Thank you for coming along on this wonderful ride with me! I hope you learned something new. Did we share anything in common? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Happy 4th of July to you and your family! I hope you all stay safe and have a good time this weekend!